Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Video of the Day: Suffolk Punch Trust

A very personal video of the day today. The week of the Hartpury Festival of Dressage 2015 was an exciting time for me. As well as getting chance to video at the event in an accredited capacity I also had my niece's wedding to attend on the other side of the country. When I set off for Suffolk I was only going to video the speeches, but then this expanded to include Richard's "Hero:Wind Beneath My Wings" solo and when I saw the wedding dray I went for the full thing! Here is a short video of the wedding dray.


an added positive was that I made it back to Gloucester to video Charlotte and Valegro; I sense I might not have many more chances. My only regret is that I didn't commission my 4K camera prior to the two events.

Blogger's bonus

Thanks to Judith for suggesting "If I Had Words" as the backing track; Kelly and Richard had used the music to leave the Church. Thanks to Colony Oaken and Colony Wren for being such stars on a hot days with a lot of pesky flies about. And thanks to my bro for giving us all such a memorable day. 

And here is "Hero: Wind Beneath my Wings" performed by Richard for Kelly at the drinks reception. I had used this track earlier in the year with the RDA and so when Richard hit those opening bars I really choked (I'm filling up just typing this!!)



"If I Had Words"


Comments

Popular Posts