Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Hambleden 2015

Very pleased to have finally finished my Hambleden playlist featuring Cross Country and Show Jumping action from Sunday's Intermediate and CIC 1 Star Competitions. 



Cross Country and Show Jumping Action from the Intermediate Sections at the Symm International Horse Trials held at Hambleden on 26th April 2015.


Hambleden were very positive when they received my request to video at their event and I certainly had a full day there. Much of the Hambleden course runs through woodland which isn't great for videography of cross country but is great for some arty shots of blossom on the trees and horses running through swathes of bluebells. There did seem to be a lack of riders brought about by the numbers of stops on course. The waits weren't possibly of the Badminton 2014 proportions, but the afternoon certainly dragged on and in the end I got away an hour later than I intended. I couldn't say that there was one particular fence that caused a problem but it did seem that if you could get out of the polo field for the second time then you stood a good chance of getting round the whole course.

View across the lorry park and show ground
with the Thames in the background
I've noticed competitors have started to notice me and smile as they ride past so I hope I'm not putting them off. Look out for Mark Todd's napping horse (well sat Sir Mark!) and look out for the Symm sponsored water cascade which seemed to cause numerous problems.

So in summary well set out, well organised and with reasonable access, difficult to know what was going on once you were in the woods, lots of aircraft noise and clearly a very well constructed but challenging course. Well worth a visit as the barbecue looked great!

Bluebell Woods

Comments

Popular Posts