Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Eventing at 2004 Athens Olympics; great memories of a great competition

To maintain my YouTube channel views in the winter months I've decided to raid my old VHS tape drawer and see what Eventing gems I can unearth. This year I was pleased to find two tapes which contained the Athens Olympic Eventing from 2004. 2004 was supposed to be the year Great Britain took gold, so I can see why I might have recorded it for posterity. It was also the year the rules were changed so that not only were the Roads and Tracks and Steeplechase elements removed but the Team and Individual competitions ran concurrently. So lots for Clare Balding to discuss and consider as the Great Britain team of Jeanette Brakewell, Mary King, Leslie Law, Pippa Funnell and William Fox-Pitt set out cross country on their quest for gold!

All in all there are 10 separate videos featuring Team GB and a galaxy of other star International riders taking us through cross country, team show jumping and then individual show jumping before all the medal winners were known - or were they?

Here is Part 1 features Mary King and Jeanette Brakewell




Part 2 features Darren Chiacchia and Heelan Tompkins


Part 3 features Leslie Law


Part 4 features John Williams and Matthew Grayling 


Part 5 features Pippa Funnell


Part 6 features Nicolas Touzaint and Kim Severson and an interview with Pippa Funnell


Part 7 features William Fox-Pitt


Parts 8 and 9 Team Show Jumping



Part 10 Individual Show Jumping


This is the full playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Enjoy!

Harveywetdog, where music meets motion!

#watchlikeshare2016

Mary King

Leslie Law

Leslie Law

Pippa Funnell

Comments

Popular Posts