Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

#GraceGSP Does Blair European Eventing Championships 2015

This is my take on the Longines Blair Castle 2015 FEI European Eventing Championships very much from the tourist/spectator's perspective, featuring lots of nice video of #GraceGSP bounding around the Blair Atholl estate (well bounding as much as the quite correct "all dogs on leads" policy allowed!)


Taking in the show jumping from the hills overlooking the arena 







This isn't one of my usual videos; while you will see most of the cross country fences there isn't much cross country action apart from what I captured on my iPhone. It was simply too wet to take my camera out on Saturday.

Nicola Wilson and One Two Many
Photographed with my iPhone

The video is in three sections: dressage, course walk and wind up from Sunday. The course walk uses video shot on all four days. Any video or photograph taken inside the string was shot on Sunday, Grace was not sitting on the ski jump as the horses went past.

The four music tracks featured are;

The Wild Mountain Thyme by Ronan Keating from the album Songs for My Mother.

In a Big Country (Pure Mix)  by Big Country from the album 12" - 80s Alternative.

Flower of Scotland / Soft Lowland Tongue O' the Border / These Are My Mountains by The King's Own Scottish Borderers Military Band from The Best of Military Bands: The King's Own Scottish Borderers Military Band.

and In a Big Country by Big Country from Through a Big Country - The Greatest Hits (Remastered).

Sunday sticky mud

Comments

Popular Posts