Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Exceeding a 100,000 You Tube Hits

Harveywetdog reflects on exceeding 100,000 You Tube hits, rider envy and plans for the next month.

Aldon Horse Trials


I'm very pleased to announce that I've passed the 100k You Tube views target. Although I had hoped to get there by the end of 2013 it didn't happen so my new deadline had been my birthday in April. To give a boost to my viewing figures I recorded Charlotte Dujardin and Carl Hester at Hartpury Arena and that helped me to meet the target just before the end of March.

There is a lot more eventing in my You Tube portfolio than previously, and I've already had enjoyable days out at Aston-le-Walls, Aldon and Gatcombe (1). The eventing crowd seem slightly less excitable than the dressage fraternity (my Charlotte video seems to have had a certain reaction in some quarters!) Looks OK to me? I have noticed I get the most adverse reaction to the Charlotte and Laura videos; I can't work out why but I do wonder if we have to accept that success brings with it a teeny bit of envy..............

For the next month I will be working towards Badminton 2014 with trips to the NAF Winter Dressage Championships at Hartpury, where we have lots of AMD action, Withington Manor Horse Trials, Broadway Horse Trials and hopefully one other. I would have done Sapey but it clashes with the Nationals at Hartpury.

But for now onwards and upwards and here is a little selection of my recent videos.

Please keep watching, please keep liking, please leave feedback and if you dislike I respect your opinion but please say why.

Highest hitter Badminton 2013:


Fastest mover Charlotte and Uthopia:


Always dependable Carl and Fine Time:


Firm favourite Laura and Pammy;


Super horse Michael and Farouche


Gorgeous Spring Day at Aldon


Comments

Popular Posts