Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Eventing Cinema: no hard feelings

So the competition is all over and I have to accept the judges decision is final. As the winning entry was so much better than mine then I can't feel disappointed, although I'm a little disappointed that there were so few finalists and that the judges didn't give me any feedback.
Here is a link to the winning entry:-

http://youtu.be/Sbjy_Cf8lBo



Looking back I'm not displeased with my entry. I think the theme of "horses and riders coming home safe and sound" was particularly valid and I thought I made good use of the ambient sound and announcements. I've developed my skills with respect to matching sound to the slow motion action. The new Sony camera produced superb vision and sound and I will continue to zoom in on horse and rider as much as possible.

Since the result was announced I've recut the video with a few changes that had been annoying me since I launched the competition entry. Most noticeably William Fox-Pitt doesn't jump the same fence twice, we see more of Stefano Fioravanti's jump and I've switched back to Lucinda Fredericks for the final jump so that I can use the soundtrack. I also used a different piece of video for the dressage section.

 

Comments

Popular Posts