Search This Blog
tolerance is about accepting those things you don't agree with, not just accepting those things you do agree with
Featured post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
An Epic Day Out at Derriford
As I explained last week, having been advised that I was to start treatment for my relapsed CLL with one of the modern BTK inhibitor drugs, either Acalabrutinib and Zanubrutinib, I carried out some research over the weekend and plumped for Zanubrutinib. As with all drugs there are risks, but I decided that Zanubrutinib was for me based on the information the hospital gave me and the output of an AI based analysis of the pros and cons from Google.
![]() |
| Heading to Plymouth again AI Image - ©Harveywetdog |
This meant another trip to Derriford to sign the consent form. As I also explained last week are currently introducing a new IT system, known modestly as Epic, consequently I was warned that there may be some delays on the day due to teething problems with the new system.
The appointment started about 25 minutes late, which wasn't too bad, and was recorded on the consultants laptop which meant the record was available the next day and, all being well, a follow up blood test should have been arranged with my GP and my drugs ordered and delivered to a nearby Boots pharmacy.
Obviously the term "nearby" has to be taken with a pinch of salt when one is talking about Devon's roads, traffic and tourists. Every where seems twice as far away as it need be and you have to be prepared for lots of 20mph behind tractors, caravans and sight seers. I'll see how it works and if there is any way I can get the drugs delivered to my GP.
I had expected to pick the drugs up at Derriford and start treatment this week but it appears I have to wait another week. I'll give another update once I start treatment.
Links
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular Posts
My Sony PXW-Z190 Video Camera Experience - Caveat Emptor!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia - 15 years as an equestrian videographer
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment