Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Yesterday is gone it is gone

It is surprising where inspiration comes from. And I guess Italian eventer Stefano Fioravanti was in pretty low spirits when he sat on his horse Hugo overlooking the sea at Malmo and reflected on what might have been had he not had a refusal at fence 7 the day before.

He took a photograph through the horses ears and posted on Facebook:

Ieri è andata com'è andata !! Oggi vediamo di fare bene e finire in bellezza.. Intanto mi godo un po di mare con Hugo !!!

I picked the post up more or less immediately and Bing translated it as:

"Yesterday is gone it is gone!! Today we see to do well and finish with a flourish. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a little (sea) with Hugo!"

"Yesterday is gone it is gone." There is something remarkably reflective and inspirational in that. A message to look forward not back and not to dwell on the past. Now Google translates Stefano's words as "Yesterday it went how it went!" which isn't quite as profound as the Bing translation but just as accepting of the need to move forward.
















 
    

 

Comments

Popular Posts