Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

My second leaving speech


I hope you all enjoyed the video of my virtual leaving speech. for those who have seen it I've included a link below. There's a lot of bitterness in my words and I have to be honest I wrote the speech in 2020 when I was at a low ebb with EDF and their decision to let staff go despite at the same time insisting that "everyone is welcome".

I left EDF on 31st March 2021 after 49 years and 7 months service. I had originally planned to leave on 31st March 2022. We had a SKYPE call on the final day and I prepared the following words for the occasion.



"I have little more to say than I said in my leaving video.
 
I have a little regret that I won’t be there with K**** when he passes his 50 years service milestone in September but ultimately EDF made me an offer that Mrs Robinson couldn’t refuse.
 
People know I like to be enigmatic but as L** W*** told me that basically means speaking in riddles.
 
I am a strong believer in organisational spirituality and so I believe that as long as the legacy of P* T** remains within the C&I community you won’t go far wrong.
 
My legacy is my written words of which I’ve produced a lot over the past few years so if the going gets tough in the weeks or months ahead can I suggest that you perhaps read a few of them.
 
But ultimately I’m under no illusions as to the impact of my leaving, in fact the impact of all 80 of us leaving, you have to remember the stone thrown in the pond analogy; they’ll be a few ripples but they will pass after a while and all will be calm again.
 
That is both disturbing and reassuring but it is the reality of how organisations survive; I wish you all well for the future.
 
So long and thanks for all the cakes.........especially those with extra cream!"

Virtual leaving speech 


 

Returning my laptop
©Harveywetdog


Comments

Popular Posts