Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

NAF Five Star International Hartpury Horse Trials - Magic CCI4*-S cross country

What a day, what a course and what a great competition. Here is my take on the NAF Five Star MAGIC CCI4*-S cross country competition at NAF International Hartpury Horse Trials​ at Hartpury​ in Gloucestershire this weekend.

Piggy French and Quarrycrest Echo
Photo ©Harveywetdog

Cinematically it would have been better for me if Pippa Funnell​ and Billy The Biz had taken the win right at the end, but the reality is the win was deservedly taken by Piggy French​ and Quarrycrest Echo who finished on their dressage score after a classic clear round in the worst of the conditions. You see them scorching past me on a mission between fences 16 and 17.

Driving wind and rain are not ideal conditions for videoing in so I'm pleased with the result. The hardest job was holding the camera steady (and me!) in the buffeting wind. Much of the commentary is lost to the wind unfortunately (but that's how it was out on the course) as is the fact that there were some long holds in proceedings. I've taken one little liberty with the timeline near the end to ensure we finish with Pippa and BTB but I'm sure you'll forgive me.

And finally to the one rider who told me she "was useless" for unfortunately coming off near the end all I can say is nobody is useless who can get so far round such a challenging course in those conditions.

Please share away, take video clips with your phones off your computer, ask me for clips if you need them but most of all well done and thank you to everyone involved.

Harveywetdog​

ps special thank you to all the fence judges who let me stand by them to get some of the best clips (you know who you are) and a big thank you to the ladies driving the refreshment wagon for a much needed cup of tea while we were waiting for Billy the Bizz!



Jumping out of Hartpury House Garden
Photo ©Harveywetdog


Comments

Popular Posts