Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Valegro Sculpture for Newent Update July 2018

Valegro in Piaffe at Hartpury in 2016
Photo ©Harveywetdog 
Since my last update on the Newent Valegro Sculpture Project I can report that the team has had a very successful time at the Hartpury Festival of Dressage and managed to sell a large number of the design prints to boost funds.

As well as selling the prints the team are looking for several leading equestrian bodies/sponsors/supporters to sign up to purchase one the 12 bronze maquettes that are being made by artist Georgie Welch as a precursor to the build of the half life sculpture for Newent itself.

Georgie has met with Carl and the final decision has been made on the design which will feature Valegro in classic piaffe pose.







To help support the sale of the Design Drawings by Georgie Welch and signed by Georgie, Carl and Charlotte, Georgie provided the following insight into he inspiration:


One of the six design drawings
Design ©Georgie Welch
To find out how you can support the Project and to buy your own design print please contact



We hope you'll be able to help us achieve a fitting tribute to this hero of the equestrian world.


   

Comments

Popular Posts