Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Charlotte Dujardin takes Inter 1 titles at British Dressage National Championships

There's never a photographer handy when you need one!
Charlotte Dujardin and Mount St John Freestyle
Photo ©Harveywetdog
An unfortunate clash with the Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials together with broadcast restrictions on the Grand Prix and Grand Prix Freestyle competitions meant that my featured event for the LeMieux National Dressage Championships for 2017 were the Saracen Horse Feeds Intermediate 1 Gold Championship on Friday and theSaracen Horse Feeds Intermediate 1 Freestyle Gold Championship on Saturday.

Friday's competition saw Charlotte Dujardin score an impressive 1-2-3 with Mount St John Freestyle, the ever improving En Vogue and Mount St John Kom Fairytale. Sportingly Charlotte only brought Freestyle forward to win the very damp freestyle competition on Saturday with Maria Eilberg and Royal Concert coming second and Harveywetdog favourites Lara Butler and Kristjan in third.


Here is Charlotte's winning test from Friday.


Here is a link to a playlist of all the Inter 1 tests I published from Friday in competition order:


Here are the 1 2 3 Freestyle tests from Saturday:






Here is a link to a playlist of all the Inter 1 Freestyle tests I published from Saturday in competition order:


As you will see Saturday was extremely wet and gave me the chance to test my new camera rain cover. In some instances I just left the zoom where it was and recorded the test without it.

The prize givings are available on the Harveywetdog Facebook page:



As always with thanks to British Dressage for permission to publish video from this event.
"The spectators of Stoneleigh"
A masterpiece in the making?
From an original idea by Rembrandt
Photo ©Harveywetdog

Comments

Popular Posts