Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Little Downham Horse Trials (2) 2017


I like to add new cross country courses to my collection and when I planned the trip to Little Downham last autumn I imagined the distance involved wouldn't be a problem on a long bright summers day......... of course in reality it wasn't quite like that and I spent the day wondering when it was going to rain but luckily the two patches of rain we did have have weren't too bad and didn't stop me capturing some great action from the Novice and BE105 competitions on Sunday 23rd July 2017.


Little Downham Horse Trials takes place at Ely Eventing Centre in the middle of the Cambridgeshire Fens and I'm indebted to Sarah Skillin and Tina Ure for giving me permission to video at the event.

Despite the generally flat terrain and compact nature of the site the organisers provide an exciting and varied course with good visibility and big skies.

The sections I covered were :

Baileys Horse Feeds Novice Sections J and K

Ames Nissan Open Novice Section L.



And:

Rossdales Veterinary Hospital BE105 Sections M and N. The BE105 course takes fences from the BE100 and Novice competitions and has some fences of its own and looked a stiff test to me!



I was told that the course changes every time so you can only take this as a general indication of the courses at Little Downham, next time it might be totally different?

With thanks to British Eventing and Little Downham Horse Trials for permission to publish the videos.

#VideoingPerfection


Comments

Popular Posts