Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Festival of British Eventing: Gatcombe Park 2016

Very important!
©Harveywetdog


I like going to Gatcombe,
because it's reasonably close,
not as close as Hartpury,
but half an hour sees me from door,
to Land Rover advanced parking.

This year's Festival of British Eventing was blessed with glorious weather and I was able to video on all three days. There was disappointing entries in the Novice and an additional Advanced section to allow for the ERM which meant my feature events were the IntermediateChampionship and the Restricted Novice Championship for the Corinthian Cup.




New Equex China Pond
©Harveywetdog
Friday was Dressage day. I'd arranged with eventer Nicky Hill that I'd do a little #liveyourstory2016 feature at Tweseldown in Spring and as that event had been cancelled Nicky kindly agreed to do some pieces for me at Gatcombe where she and Bing were competing in the Intermediate Championship. We ultimately met up on Saturday to do a piece at the new Equex China Pond and Nicky proved she was a natural when it came to speaking in front of the camera. This gave me a chance to try out my new Saramonic wireless Microphone and it worked a treat.

I enjoy days like Friday at the Festival of British Eventing because there is time to video and upload and on the day I managed to upload Emily King and Dargun's dressage test to Harveywetdog Facebook and I also posted some of the action from the Pony Club Inter-Branch Team Show Jumping and was delighted to see local rider Charlotte McDowell hold her nerve to help Ledbury take the cup. Remarkable thing was I knew Charlotte through Dressage and didn't realise she was an accomplished jumper as well!

The winning Ledbury Team
©Harveywetdog

The Novice showjumping took place on Friday evening and I stayed on to capture the best placed combinations after dressage to ensure I had the ultimate Championship winner.


Saturday was a busy day. I did my interview with Nicky at the Equex water and then had a day moving between show jumping and cross country. I knew I was short of entries for the Novice so I did the main part of the course first and luckily managed to capture the beginning and the end of the course in time to get back to show jumping in time for Nicky and Bing's show jumping.
Remote controlling the camera
©Harveywetdog

New microphone
©Harveywetdog















The order of the Intermediate Cross Country video is slightly jumbled because I wanted to make sure I was in the centre of the course for Nicky's round.


Saturday was also the day of the unfortunate "dog chases horse" video during Olivia Wilmots round in the Advanced section. The video caused quite a stir and I must say has had great views and shares on both Facebook and YouTube. Horse and Hound used it the reinforce the keep your dog under control message. 



It took me a couple of weeks to complete the Novice video but here it is. This is the mobile friendly version which should play on all devices.
Sunday was a short day as I'm not allowed to video ERM but I did complete the Restricted Novice (Corinthian Cup) cross country course and then it was home to get the hay in and prepare for Hartpury!


Few more snaps:

Great view for a #snapseed special
©Harveywetdog

Nicky Hill talks us through the Equex China Pond
#liveyourstory2016
©Harveywetdog

Land Rover at the Folly: great view and great car!
©Harveywetdog


Until next year?
©Harveywetdog

Comments

Popular Posts