Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

Eventing Cinema: excitement mounts!

I've explained previously about my British Eventing "Eventing Cinema" entry.

Well inspired by the first, I've now entered a second video into the competition. This one is a little more "produced" and came into my mind once I'd really thought through what I thought the "Spirit of Eventing" meant to me. It's very much a spectator's view, because that's what I am, and I've tried to use a combination of vision, action, ambient sound, music and slow motion to put across the atmosphere of Eventing as I see it.

The sound on the new Sony camera is awesome and I hope that comes across. The most technically challenging aspect of the editing was putting the sound back on the slow motion sections and making the critical sound, horse lands in water, horse knocks rail, fits exactly with the slow motion action. I also used some Serif motion blur in there as well.

All video was shot outside the string at the events so it is a credit to the organisers to see just how close you can get to the action.

There are a couple of things I'd still change but that is the nature of this kind of thing!

Here it is:

Andrew Nicholson and Avebury Flowing Across the Ground at Badminton

I hope you enjoy it and get the chance to watch it more than once.

Here's one response I've received already.

Video is great - gave me goose bumps so I can defo say that you've captured the spirit of eventing! really liked "THE lake!!" have enjoyed many a Pimms on the banks over the years!
 
Feel free to leave feedback either here or on You Tube.
 
And don't forget my initial entry:

Eventing Cinema 2013: Hartpury Cross Country
 
 

The Hartpury Lake

Comments

Popular Posts