Skip to main content

Featured post

If Harveywetdog did Wikipedia

In April 2020 and in the interest of legacy I wrote a Wikipedia entry recording the thoughts and notable works of Harveywetdog. I admit I was ignorant of the rules concerning self promotion on Wikipedia and consequently my entry was correctly deleted and my account expunged from the system. As a result my original words and links were sadly lost but nevertheless here is a rewrite. Perhaps when I'm gone someone will be able to enter it onto Wikipedia as a fitting epitaph for my time on the Harveywetdog Project.  

A busy month at Dressage

What a month; we may have drizzle this Bank Holiday morning but its been "scorchio" for the past month and this has coincided with a busy competition phase for Jazz"n"Dave!

Jazz"n"Dave














Although there have been a couple of errors and those hands could still be more quiet the pairing continue to improve to the point where they've achieved their first BD Affiliated 70% and reached 10 points.

For more details and access to their videos please read on.

Putting the disappointment of the Riding Club Championship behind them, Jazz"n"Dave had a quiet start to March 2012 and used the time to get used to David's new riding boots. This included a lesson at AMD which didn't go quite according to plan partly because of the boots and partly because Jazz insisted on calling to Ell through the AMD school partition wall. But something that Justine was saying must have gone in because Jazz won his Prelim class and scored 64% in the Novice.

Here is the novice test to the music of Sade

The next weekend saw us at Kings for the freestyle; this time, and despite a silly mistake at the beginning, Jazz achieved his first ever 70%.

Here is the freestyle to the music of Neil Diamond

In the Hartpury warm up

This marks our move to SERIF MoviePlus which I celebrated by comparing my tests over the past year.

Four tests in one

And I just had to celebrate the moment Jazz took Neil's lead and struck off into canter!

Jazz's canter strike off

That made me smile!

Easter weekend has seen us competing at the LVFRC Winter Championships. We came third in both our classes, which sounds good until you realise that there was only three people in both classes. Oh well there were mistakes in both tests (I lost my way totally in the first!) so what can I expect.

Prelim Test with more Sade

Novice Test and Sade again


Jazz"n"Dave at Hartpury











Next weekend is Harveywetdog's birthday and we'll be celebrating in style by competing in the Freestyle at Kings Equestrian Centre. Perhaps we'll see you there.?








Comments

Popular Posts